by Noah Hurd

The stakes were high on Monday, February 5th at Mount View High School, and everyone who was there in the packed gymnasium knew it. The energy was off the charts for this game, with this game being the game that everyone has talked about. Mt. Abram was 14-1 going into the game, and Mount View was 11-4 going into the game. Two players were in reach of 1000 career points, and the Mustangs needed a big win badly to make sure they clinched a spot in playoffs. It was a night to remember for Noah Hurd (myself). I was able to get my 1000 points and help the team to a 60-52 victory that helped us clinch a playoff spot. With only 1 game left of the regular season, both the Boys’ and Girls’ basketball teams have been strong. The Girls’ team hosted Winslow for their final game of the regular season on Thursday, and it was also senior night, while the boys were away for their last game.

The Boys’ and Girls’ basketball teams will host a prelim game. The Girls’ is Tuesday, February 13th at 6:00 pm, and the Boys’ is Wednesday, February 14th at 6:00 pm. We ask for you all to continue your support and show up, and be sure to wear white and be loud!

Also, the unified basketball team has started its season. Make sure you come out and support them just like they support us at sporting events!